2016 June 25 - An amazing encounter

It flew from the railing into the grass patch; all the while calling.
Left wing stretched out and seemed unbalanced. Could it be injured?
While I was focusing my binoculars to take a better look, it flew up and stood on my recording board.* OMG!!! A newly fledged bird.
It is overall yellowish; fluffy white belly; faint ring around the eyes; very short tail.
Are the parents calling from the trees? I tilted my head to search in vain.
Perhaps I should take a photo of this.
When I lowered my arm to reach for my phone, it flew onto a palm frond.
Hope it reunites with its parents.

*I was taking part in NParks' Heron Watch. For easy access, I hung the recording board around my neck and it rested on the front of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive